The Corte Madera Parks and Recreation Scholarship program offers scholarship opportunities to low-and moderate-income families in order for individuals to participate in programming offered through the Department. The Town is committed to providing quality, affordable recreation programs for everyone to enjoy.
Funding is limited and we encourage applicants to return all forms with all necessary documents. Scholarships can be submitted at any time, but funding will be allocated in May for summer programs and in August for all activities during the school year.
Youth scholarships will be allocated up to $300 max per person or $600 max per family per year. Adult scholarships will be allocated at a flat rate of $100 per individual per year. Funds do not cover materials or supplies paid directly to an instructor. Youth will receive 80% of available funds while adults will receive 20%.
The Corte Madera scholarship program is open to residents of both Corte Madera and Larkspur, students enrolled in the Larkspur-Corte Madera School District and residents of greater Marin County.
All available scholarship funds will be distributed in the following percentage.
- 80% to residents of Corte Madera and Larkspur and students who attend school in the Larkspur-Corte Madera School District.
- 20% to residents of greater Marin County.
To be eligible for any scholarship individuals must qualify for public assistance receive other types of aid such as unemployment, disability or housing benefits, or qualify through their income. Applicant’s household income must have an income equal to or less than “low income” levels defined by State Income limits, Department of Housing and Community Development for the current year. Below is the income-qualifying chart for FY 2022.
|Annual Household Income
Application and Application Process
- All applicants must complete a scholarship application with full names for all family members in the household.
- Applications must be accompanied by current verification of eligibility and residency.
- Scholarships are to be awarded for 6 months. Any allocations not used will be reallocated back into the scholarship fund.
Want to Donate?
Are you interested in donating to the Corte Madera Parks and Recreation Scholarship fund? Please contact Tim Barry at 415-927-5971 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.