- Parks & Recreation
Parks & Recreation
Top Activities, Announcements & Events:
- Buy a 2023 Court Key. Keys to the Town's 2 tennis/pickleball facilities are available to purchase online and in the office.
- Master Plan: Draft Phase. Facility Conditions Assessment has begun and will identify deficiencies of existing facilities and opportunities and opportunities to better meet the needs of our community based on feedback collected to date. Learn more.
- Town Park Restroom Project. Review recordings and presentations from the 10/26 workshop, 11/7/22 P&R Commission meeting, and 1/23/23 P&R Commission meeting. Learn More
- Community Events:
- Fri. 4/7- Flashlight Egg Hunt @ Piper Park. 8:30pm sharp (ages 8+)
- Sat. 4/8- Twin Cities Morning Egg Hunt @ Town Park. 10am sharp (all ages + photos with Bunny 10-11:30 in Community Center). Check out the Hunt Map.
- Weds. 4/12- Big Band Dance @ Community Center. $10 at the door
- After School Child Care: registration opens the 20th of each month.
- Park & Rec Guide: View the Summer 2023 issue online. Printed copies will be mailed to residents and available at the Community Center and Town Hall soon.
- Summer 2023 CAMP MENU is online. View full and half day camps by week.
- Spring Semester Menus of After School Classes at Cove and Neil Cummins.
Our Parks and Recreation Team has some amazing events, activities, and engagements planned for 2023, please stay in touch with us via Town emails, social media, and our printed Activity Guide. The Summer Activity Guide (May-August) is available online and will be mailed to residents by mid-April.
We hope to see you at our upcoming Egg Hunt events and summer music & movie nights.
- Ashley Howe, Parks & Recreation Director
Corte Madera Parks & Recreation 2022 COVID-19 policies for camps and classes (Effective 6/15/22)
When to stay home: If your child tests positive for COVID-19, they need to stay home from camp/class and isolate for a minimum of 5 full days. Please refer to the decision tree here for guidance regarding quarantine/isolation.
Refund: If your child is forced to miss camp/class because they have tested positive for COVID-19, please email us at email@example.com at your earliest convenience to inform us. Please include proof of a positive PCR test if requesting a refund.
If requested, we will prorate your camp/class fees for the days missed while in quarantine. If your child is forced to miss a full session of camp, we will issue a refund for the session with proof of a positive PCR test, less a $10 cancellation fee. Information about how and when to quarantine can be found here.
Exposure: If your child has been directly exposed to someone with COVID-19, they can remain in camp/class if symptom free but need to wear a mask for 10 days and test on the 5th day after first exposure.
To achieve this mission, we provide year-round recreational programs, classes, sports leagues, summer camps and events for residents of Corte Madera and surrounding communities. Activities take place at the spacious Corte Madera Community Center and adjoining 20-acre Town Park, and at other Corte Madera locations. Offerings range from soccer leagues for Kindergarten-6th graders to softball leagues for adults, and from AARP Driver Safety to computer classes for adults 55 and over to an open gym. Events include Father-Daughter and Mother-Son Dances, Movie Nights, bingo, Breakfast with Santa and Big Band Dance.