Parks & Recreation
Top Activities, Announcements & Events:
- Buy a 2023 Court Key. Keys to the Town's 2 tennis/pickleball facilities are available to purchase online and in the office.
- Master Plan: Draft Phase. Facility Conditions Assessment has begun and will identify deficiencies of existing facilities and opportunities and opportunities to better meet the needs of our community based on feedback collected to date. Learn more.
- Town Park Restroom Project. Review recordings and presentations from the 10/26 workshop, 11/7/22 P&R Commission meeting, and 1/23/23 P&R Commission meeting. Learn More
- Community Events:
- Fri. 1/27- Closing Reception, 5-7pm for the CWA Art Exhibition (1/14 - 1/27), Community Center
- After School Child Care: registration opens the 20th of each month.
- Park & Rec Guide: View the Winter/Spring 2023 issue online. Printed copies mailed to residents and available at the Community Center and Town Hall.
- Spring Semester Menus of After School Classes at Cove and Neil Cummins.
Our Parks and Recreation Team has some amazing events, activities, and engagements planned for 2023, please stay in touch with us via Town emails, social media, and our printed Activity Guide. The Winter Spring Activity Guide (Jan- May) was mailed to residents the week of 12/19/22 and copies are available at Town Hall, the Community Center, and online.
Please join us for an art reception on Jan. 27 from 5-7:00pm at the Community Center for the California Watercolor Association's Member Show.
Be assured that all of our in-person events are planned conservatively and consciously in order to keep our community safe in case health concerns reemerge. I hope to see you soon.
- Ashley Howe, Parks & Recreation Director
Corte Madera Parks & Recreation 2022 COVID-19 policies for camps and classes (Effective 6/15/22)
When to stay home: If your child tests positive for COVID-19, they need to stay home from camp/class and isolate for a minimum of 5 full days. Please refer to the decision tree here for guidance regarding quarantine/isolation.
Refund: If your child is forced to miss camp/class because they have tested positive for COVID-19, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience to inform us. Please include proof of a positive PCR test if requesting a refund.
If requested, we will prorate your camp/class fees for the days missed while in quarantine. If your child is forced to miss a full session of camp, we will issue a refund for the session with proof of a positive PCR test, less a $10 cancellation fee. Information about how and when to quarantine can be found here.
Exposure: If your child has been directly exposed to someone with COVID-19, they can remain in camp/class if symptom free but need to wear a mask for 10 days and test on the 5th day after first exposure.
To achieve this mission, we provide year-round recreational programs, classes, sports leagues, summer camps and events for residents of Corte Madera and surrounding communities. Activities take place at the spacious Corte Madera Community Center and adjoining 20-acre Town Park, and at other Corte Madera locations. Offerings range from soccer leagues for Kindergarten-6th graders to softball leagues for adults, and from AARP Driver Safety to computer classes for adults 55 and over to an open gym. Events include Father-Daughter and Mother-Son Dances, Movie Nights, bingo, Breakfast with Santa and Big Band Dance.