- Elections & Voter Information
Elections & Voter Information
All information is current as of October 28, 2022
Upcoming Municipal Election, November 8, 2022: The next regularly scheduled General Municipal Election will be held on November 8, 2022, where the voters of the Town of Corte Madera will elect three members to the Town Council, as well as vote on a ballot measure to renew a special tax for paramedic services. Please note that the Town Council also sits as the Board of Directors for Sanitary District #2 - more information on the Sanitary District can be found here.
- Elections Update: Notice of Qualified Candidates and Ballot Measure (Measure E): Click here to view the notice that was published on August 18, 2022
- Candidate Filing Deadline Extended to 8/17/22: The application period for the November 8, 2022 Municipal Election has been extended to Wednesday, August 17th at 5pm, for non-incumbent filers only, as one or more incumbents have chosen not to file for re-election. Three (3) Council seats are up for election. View Public Notice here.
- Notice Regarding Deadlines for Filing Arguments for or Against Paramedic Tax Ballot Measure: Arguments for or against the measure may be submitted beginning Monday, August 15th. Click here to review the Public Notice. And click here to view the proposed Paramedic Tax Ordinance to be voted on, AN ORDINANCE OF THE TOWN OF CORTE MADERA IMPOSING AND EXTENDING A SPECIAL TAX FOR PARAMEDIC AND/OR EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES.
- Candidate Application: To download a Candidate Application, click here (for fillable PDF) or here (for word document). Please return completed applications to the Town Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Notice of Election: To view or download the Notice of Election click here.
- Councilmember Duties and Responsibilities: To review a summary of the functions and responsibilities of members of the Town Council, click here.
Nomination Filing Period:The filing period for Town Council candidates opened on Monday, July 18, 2022, and closed on Friday, August 12, 2022. The filing period was extended through 5:00pm on Wednesday, August 17, 2022, for non-incumbent filers only, as two current office-holders with expiring terms did not file by the August 12th deadline. Candidates for Town Council must be a resident of Corte Madera, at least 18 years of age and a registered voter in the Town of Corte Madera at the time nomination papers are issued.
Nomination Papers Issued / Filed:
- Eli Beckman - July 18, 2022 / July 20, 2022
- Robert Lucarini - July 18, 2022 / August 10, 2022
- Leila Mongan - July 18, 2022 / -----
- Rosa Thomas - July 19, 2022 / August 10, 2022
- Pat Ravasio - July 19, 2022 / August 9, 2022
- James Andrews - July 21. 2022 / August 12, 2022