Please send written communications to:
Corte Madera Town Hall
c/o Town Clerk
240 Tamal Vista Blvd, Suite 110
Corte Madera, CA 94925
or click here to send an email.
Elected: March, 2020
Term Expires: November, 2024
Charles Lee was elected to the Town Council in March 2020 and began serving as Mayor in December, 2022 after serving as Vice Mayor in December 2021. He is a lifelong Bay Area resident and has lived in Corte Madera for many years with his wife and three boys. He considers the opportunity to raise a family in Marin and Corte Madera to be a blessing. "It offers superior safety, prosperity, and educational opportunities that I strive to protect and enhance".
Lee is a licensed Architect in the State of California, and has a Master’s Degree in Architecture from California College of the Arts. His experiences have afforded him a well-informed perspective on how to evaluate and communicate the issues impacting our town and help through using creative facets and problem-solving pathways. Initially he used these skills on the Corte Madera Planning Commission starting in 2017. He felt it was rewarding working with applicants, residents and town staff to offer guidance and decision-making for the future direction of Corte Madera. He also contributed to the resilience advisory committee, which helps guide the climate adaption plan for Corte Madera by examining the current and future needs of the town to maintain services regarding sustainability, reliable energy, fire prevention, flood control, wetland restoration, schools and safe transit. As a Town Councilmember, his goal is to help residents and staff create a healthy and sustainable legacy for the present and for the future that will set a shining example for greater influence in the region and the state.
Charles Lee also serves as Board President of the Sanitary District No. 2 Board.
JPA and Standing Committee Appointments
- Central Marin Fire Authority Fire Council
- Central Marin Police Authority Police Council
- Corte Madera Chamber of Commerce Ex-Officio Director
- Larkspur-Corte Madera School District Liaison
- Larkspur-Corte Madera School District Financial Advisory Committee (Alternate)
- Marin County Council of Mayors and Councilmembers (MCCMC) Homelessness Committee (Alternate)
- Marin Wildfire Prevention Authority JPA (Alternate)
- Safe Routes to School (Alternate)
Town Liaison Assignments
- Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee