Councilmember Eli Beckman grew up in Corte Madera, and was elected to the Town Council in June 2018. He served as Mayor from 2020-2021, and previously served as Vice Mayor from 2019-2020. He was then reelected to the Town Council in November, 2022 and selected to serve as Vice Mayor in December, 2022.
Eli Beckman is an architectural designer, small business owner, writer, and photographer, as well as an alumnus of our local public schools (Neil Cummins, Hall, Redwood). He received his Bachelor of Architecture from Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, and is a LEED AP accredited professional in sustainable design.
Prior to his election to the Town Council, Beckman served on the Town of Corte Madera's Flood Control Board. He is active in the Corte Madera Lions Club and in the Mariner Cove Neighborhood Response Group.
Eli Beckman also serves as Board Vice President for the Sanitary District No. 2 Board.
JPA and Standing Committee Appointments
- Central Marin Fire Authority Fire Council
- Central Marin Police Authority Police Council (Alternate)
- Central Marin Sanitation Agency (CMSA)
- Corte Madera Chamber of Commerce Ex-Officio (Alternate)
- Disaster Council (Alternate)
- League of California Cities - North Bay Division
- Marin Clean Energy
- Marin County Council of Mayors and Council Members (MCCMC) - Legislative Committee
- Marin County Council of Mayors and Council Members (MCCMC) - Climate Action Committee (Alternate)
- Refuse and Recycling Committee
- Transportation Authority of Marin (Alternate)
Town Liaison Assignments