|PROJECT ADDRESS: ||TOWN OF CORTE MADERA|
|MEETING DATE: ||MARCH 26, 2019|
|TIME AND PLACE: ||7:00 P.M., CORTE MADERA TOWN HALL, 300 TAMALPAIS DRIVE |
|SUBJECT: ||PUBLIC HEARING FOR THE CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE INTRODUCTION OF PROPOSED ZONING ORDINANCE AMENDMENTS TO TITLES 6, 9 AND 18 RELATED TO CANNABIS REGULATIONS |
|PROJECT CONTACT: ||PHIL BOYLE, SENIOR PLANNER email@example.com, (415) 927-5067|
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Corte Madera Planning Commission will hold another public hearing regarding the development of a draft ordinance regulating medicinal and adult use cannabis within the Town. To develop the ordinance, Town staff has gathered information from the public through workshops and an online survey, researched codes from other jurisdictions, and talked with industry and health professionals. This meeting will be an opportunity for the Planning Commission to again gather public input and make recommendations on the Draft Ordinance to the Town Council.
As written, the draft ordinance will permanently prohibit medicinal and adult use cannabis businesses within the Town of Corte Madera that require a state license under the Adult Use of Marijuana Act. Such businesses were previously prohibited through an urgency ordinance first approved in 2017 and set to expire on September 18, 2019. Personal medicinal and adult use outdoor cultivation will be reasonably regulate to prevent nuisance issues such as odor, visibility, noise and crime and personal medicinal and adult use indoor cultivation will be allowed as prescribed by state law. As requested by the Council at the December 4, 2018, staff will also develop educational information for residents regarding best practices for constructing an indoor cultivation area. Finally, staff has also incorporated into the ordinance allowances for medicinal cannabis deliveries from outside of town.
This activity is not subject to CEQA per Section 15061(b)(3), where it can be seen with certainty that there is no possibility that the activity in question will have a significant effect on the environment.
- All interested persons are welcome to attend and to comment, in person or in writing, at the public hearing. You may also submit written comments prior to the public hearing by contacting the project contact (listed above).
- If you challenge this project in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this NOTICE, or in written correspondence delivered to the Town of Corte Madera at, or prior to, the public hearing. All written responses will become part of the public record (Government Code Section 65009(b)).
- Additional information regarding prior meetings, prior staff reports and presentations can be found on the Town’s Active Projects webpage for the project: https://www.townofcortemadera.org/799/Cannabis-Ordinance. If you have any questions or comments about this application or would like to be notified of the decision, please call Phil Boyle at (415)927-5067, or come to Town Hall at 300 Tamalpais Drive, from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00p.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
- Planning Commission meetings are streamed live and may be viewed at: www.townofcortemadera.org/623/Watch-Live-Video.
- Staff reports are usually available by 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before the meeting and may be obtained from the project contact (listed above)
I do hereby certify that the foregoing Notice of Public Hearing was duly processed according to the California Government Code and the Corte Madera Municipal Code.
Phil Boyle, Senior Planner
Sent on or before March 15, 2019
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the Planning Division at 415-927-5064. Notification two business days (the Friday before the meeting) prior to the meeting will enable the Town to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting