ARE YOU SIGNED UP for the upcoming Social Distancing Certified Comprehensive First Aid Training (CCFA)??? Make sure you contact Lorena Barrera at Town Hall if you would like to register. Get the details below.
In our continuing commitment to emergency preparedness the Town of Corte Madera is sponsoring a training class for community members. This is one of the many ongoing efforts to build community awareness, preparation and resilience.
- The 5-hour class is certified (2 years) by the American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI)
- The course material covers child & adult CPR, appropriate use of Automated External Defribillators (AEDs), how to manage blood borne pathogens, and appropriate skilled first-aid training.
- The course is hands-on, interactive and focused.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Precautionary measures will be set to keep everyone safe and in compliance with the COVID-19 safety requirements set by the State and County.
- You will have to wear a mask and follow social-distancing guidelines throughout the training.
- Beverages and snacks will be provided
- You should wear comfortable shoes and clothing and be prepared to be engaged!
- There is a $25 non-refundable registration fee for Corte Madera residents and $60 for nonresidents (this type of class normally costs $125 to register not including certification)
- This is an adult-only course (18 years or older only).
- Classes are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
HOW TO SIGN UP AND OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS
- Email Lorena Barrera at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-927-5086. Be prepared to provide your home address and contact information. (NOTE: an ID with your home address will be required when you check in for the class)
- Early enrollment is encouraged (Registration will close 72 hours prior to the scheduled class date)
- The upcoming class date is Saturday, October 10, 2020 at 9:00 AM at the Corte Madera Community Center, 498 Tamalpais Drive.
- LATE ARRIVALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are late and are not allowed to participate, we will not provide a refund of the enrollment fee.)
Your skilled efforts can potentially save a life or prevent a disability. Giving you the skill sets will remove the fear and hesitation to act quickly and appropriately.
Thank you for your commitment to our Town’s safety.